Welcome to my blog, T.L. Peters

Most of my novels are available as NOOK books through Barnes & Noble, as kindle books through Amazon, and on virtually every digital format, platform and device, including the iPad. To read more about a particular novel or to purchase a copy, click on one of the links in the right hand column under the book's title. See the bottom of this page for complete reviews and sample chapters. Feel free to contact me at: thome at verizon.net



Monday, February 13, 2012

New Jake Stone Thriller Coming Soon

I have just begun work on Book Ten of Jake Stone.  I hope to have it available for purchase some time in March.  In the meantime, check out this recent review on Amazon of the first book in the series, Deception.

"Buying a Jake Stone book for $.99 is deceptive, because it's like adopting a child. There is always another adventure coming that promises to leave you with a smile---well, maybe 'smirk' is a better word. But if you are of the mindset that can accept a duo in which the female is the muscle, and possibly also the brains, and the male partner is the straight man, this is it. I bought the first book because my husband and I enjoy reading Kindle books together. It beats television, and because he is an Evelyn Woods speed reader and I am a writer, we are always shopping for something we can read in a few hours non-stop and still get to sleep by 3am. So we downloaded Book One on our Kindle , and two books later, our malamutes insisted that we get some sleep so we would be available to cater to their every whim in the morning.

In a few days we had read the first seven. Now we are up through Mayhem. Why? Because the books are fun, a tongue in cheek humor with an undercurrent that teases our traditional views about sexual roles, marriage and family. Like Jake, I used to be a lawyer, and writing is more fun. Like Snowflake, I like to consider myself fearless and sometimes intemperate in my moves, and there have been times when my husband ( we could call him Jake, but that is not his name) cringed, shrugged and excused my behavior with a comment like, "She was born in Cleveland," or "you should see her when she's really angry." There will be some out there who will not like Jake and Snowflake, and will consider the plots superficial and childish,and the characters something out of a comic strip. But I wonder how many of them will find themselves with an index finger on the "Buy it with One Click" button a few weeks later. I write "big historicals" which means I cannot seem to finish a story in less than 275,000 well researched words, and I envy a writer like Peters who can produce an entertaining series with what appears to be, but probably is not, a less strenuous effort. I am delighted he is not finished with the series. Read and enjoy." Linda A. Root, a prosecutor

Check out Ms. Root's novel, THE FIRST MARIE and the Queen of Scots at the following link: http://www.amazon.com/FIRST-MARIE-Queen-Scots-ebook/dp/B005389UFK

The first volume in the hot new series about Jake Stone and his quirky friend, Snowflake -- DECEPTION, A Jake Stone Thriller (Book One) -- is available at e book sellers world-wide, including through the following online links :
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Deception-Stone-Thriller-Thrillers-ebook/dp/B005M2ROW8
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deception1-a-jake-stone-thriller-tl-peters/1106355050
Smashwords:  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/87499

ISBN 978-1-4659-5450-3