Welcome to my blog, T.L. Peters

Most of my novels are available as NOOK books through Barnes & Noble, as kindle books through Amazon, and on virtually every digital format, platform and device, including the iPad. To read more about a particular novel or to purchase a copy, click on one of the links in the right hand column under the book's title. See the bottom of this page for complete reviews and sample chapters. Feel free to contact me at: thome at verizon.net



Thursday, February 28, 2013

A PITTSBURGH AFFAIR, JUST 99 CENTS


A Pittsburgh Affair is available through the following book sellers:







Spencer Wedgeworth, a rising young star in an elite law firm, fears that he is being drawn into an international crime ring headed by his superiors at the firm, including some rather flashy and violent women. Aided by a quirky paralegal planted to spy on him and with whom he falls madly in love, Spencer uncovers the real truth about the contraband that he has been spiriting around the globe, a truth far more terrible than anything he could have imagined. But when his friend and long time mentor betrays him, Spencer flees to Bolivia where he has it out with the mob bosses in a wild brawl instigated by his girlfriend. Will Spencer survive to see justice done, or will he become just another in a long line of unfortunate victims in a mind blowing, no-holds barred game of espionage and murder?

"This is edge of the seat stuff....Moonglow is a really strong personality who just gets on with it." Spriteby's Bokhylle

"I've just finished A Pittsburgh Affair by author Thomas Peters and I found it to be very thrilling and full of suspense. The plot line was somewhat reminiscent of books by the novelist John Grisham. If you are a fan of John Grisham or authors who write books similar to John Grisham then I highly recommend that you read A Pittsburgh Affair. I gave A Pittsburgh Affair 9 stars for having a believable story line that really grabbed my attention and didn't let go until the very last word." Tanya at All Things Books

“[I]t was a fast-paced thriller, sometimes even a bit humorous. I especially loved Moonglow. She was super awesome, and she kicked ass. Literally.” Ashton The Book Blogger.

“A Pittsburgh Affair is very fast paced, and I soon found myself whisked away on Spencer’s adventure of suspense and intrigue….Suspense is prevalent, especially as the novel develops, yet Peters juxtaposes it nicely with comic relief as the characters find themselves in harrowing situations and making unorthodox decisions.” Shana at A Book Vacation

“Overall Feedback: This one takes the reader on a fast past thrill ride full of deception. It takes the first chapter or so to really get into the author's style of writing but once you are there you are gone on Spencer's adventure with him. This one is slated as a legal thriller but I would place it in the Comedic Legal Thriller group. Anytime an author can give me thrills and laughs, I am in.

Point of View: The story revolves around Spencer's point of view.

Voice: Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that can define who we are.

Character Development: I felt that the author was a little light in the development area but the story does not suffer from it.

Plot: Humans ensure that this type of thing is possible. The author does a superb job in creating circumstances and deceit that would be possible and could be happening as you read this review.

Dialogue: Usually the hardest thing to capture in a novel is natural dialogue. This writer is able to utilize this downfall to create humor in a genre that does not get many laughs but should (as you will read).

Pacing: After getting into the first chapter or so, you become engrossed in the story and never look back.

Setting: Unique but quite believable. Helps push the story along in places.

Continuity: Normally after I read a legal thriller, I find myself asking questions afterwards because some parts did not make logical sense. This is not the case here. I found myself so engrossed in the story that Spencer's adventures became my own.”  Free Book Reviews