Welcome to my blog, T.L. Peters

Most of my novels are available as NOOK books through Barnes & Noble, as kindle books through Amazon, and on virtually every digital format, platform and device, including the iPad. To read more about a particular novel or to purchase a copy, click on one of the links in the right hand column under the book's title. See the bottom of this page for complete reviews and sample chapters. Feel free to contact me at: thome at verizon.net



Friday, May 17, 2013

THE EDEN FACTOR, JUST 99 CENTS


The Eden Factor is available through the following book sellers:






Josh McDonald and his childhood friend Adam Barnes are infected by a highly communicable viral vector containing super-charged DNA that rejuvenates the humane genome so as to prevent disease, regenerate damaged or lost tissue and reverse the aging process. Adam wants to leverage his immortality to assert global dominance. Josh, prodded by his quirky but kind-hearted girlfriend Belinda, hopes to thwart Adam's power grab by spreading the contagion to as many people as possible. Who wins in the ensuing struggle as the virus diffuses rapidly around the globe?



“I really enjoyed this novel. At the start I wasn’t sure where the novel was headed (I didn’t read the synopsis prior to beginning—I had my Kindle but no computer or phone to look it up), but I definitely started liking it when Josh and Adam met in the park as Josh, a grown man, spends the entire conversation with his “friend” poking a dead fish. I don’t know, I just thought that was really funny and I could just see it happening in my mind’s eye. Poor Josh, as if Adam didn’t already have a point about Josh leading a boring, somewhat pointless life… but that aside, this is where all the action begins. It is with this pointless, mind numbing action that Josh unleashes a communicable virus that cures all illnesses, sending both men into a fervor trying to contain and control its power.

This novel really makes you think. I’d like to say that, if I discovered this virus, I’d use it on the world to help heal, but then at the same I’d be scared of the powers that be, potentially poking and prodding me, and likewise, Peters brings up some great points through his novel… if no one dies anymore, and everyone can be healed, what’s to stop the world from becoming a destructive force? If a knife to the back can’t hurt me, or a shot to the head, then why not begin a life of crime instead of working a 9-5 job? Then, who’s going to figure out how to stop the virus, and who will the test subjects be to see just how extensive the healing power of the virus really is? Now we have all sorts of problems that my naive self didn’t even think about, and here I was spreading the virus as a do-gooder… These are all aspects that Peter’s discusses throughout his novel as the plot unfolds, and let me tell you, while I originally was like, “that virus is so cool! I wish we could heal everyone,” I quickly changed my mind. So much good can only bring about so much bad. Josh and Belinda really try to do what’s right, and I think they’re much less greedy, and certainly less sinister, than Adam when it comes to this virus, but in the end, it’s just not something the world is ready for, and both groups are at fault, in my opinion.”  Shana at A Book Vacation  http://bookvacations.wordpress.com/
 
I think this is a great philosophical novel that will get your mind flowing, questioning, and even bickering with itself, and I highly recommend it! Four stars!
-
Shana @ A Book Vacation


 
“The book was really good….I loved this book.” The Book Girl

“I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who likes Science Fiction, Suspense/Thriller, Mystery or Drama.” Wynter at Wynteradelle.com