Welcome to my blog, T.L. Peters

Most of my novels are available as NOOK books through Barnes & Noble, as kindle books through Amazon, and on virtually every digital format, platform and device, including the iPad. To read more about a particular novel or to purchase a copy, click on one of the links in the right hand column under the book's title. See the bottom of this page for complete reviews and sample chapters. Feel free to contact me at: thome at verizon.net



Thursday, October 15, 2020

Fatal Innocence

 

Amazon e book

 

Amazon print book

 

 If you want to read about how a couple of adorable watchdogs manage to save our hero from hired assassins, find out in Fatal Innocence, just released from the good folks at  Solstice Publishing.

 

Mike Talbert is tasked by his boss with devising a scheme to deep-six an incriminating draft email from the personal computer of a prominent politician. Someone with presidential ambitions. And Mike must perform this treachery without risking charges of evidence tampering or obstruction of justice.  Never one to let ethics or the law get in the way of his ambitions, Mike comes up with a plan to enlist professional thieves to steal the computer. The trouble is, the plan works better than Mike or his boss could have hoped, but complications arise when the women in their lives turn on them in unexpected ways. Will things ever go right for Mike?


Chapter One

 

I knew exactly how I was going to handle Madison. All

day long, even while I was meeting with Casey, I was

working out my strategy. I would be pleasant. I would

speak in soft tones. I would not interrupt her. I would listen

to what she had to say, and not just pretend to listen. I

would even, at just the right moment, ask her pertinent

questions to prove that I was listening. I would be

cooperative, flexible, compliant. I would promise to do

everything she wanted me to do. When she brought up my

faults, whether real or perceived, I would insist that I could

change, that I could do better, and that I would do better. I

would not try to kiss her or even hug her, though, if

circumstances seemed favorable, I might touch the back of

her hand with the tips of my fingers. How long I would

allow my fingers to linger there would depend on my

assessment of her mood, though I would make sure to err

on the side of brevity.

 

Most important of all, I would apologize to her

directly and sincerely, even if I wasn’t sure that I had

anything to apologize for. I would also not use the word

“apology.” It was too stiff and cold. I would say that I was

sorry, deeply sorry, and I would specify my wrongs to the

best of my ability. I would try to make my voice sound

anguished and bring appropriate degrees of pain and

distress to my face. Occasionally, I might even appear

distraught. I would lay it on thick. Yet I would at all times

attempt to maintain a strong masculine underpinning. Most

women seem to like that. It has something to do with a

desire for security, at least according to Casey.


http://www.solsticeempire.com/products.aspx?categoryid=476

https://solsticepublishingbooks.blogspot.com/2020/10/newrelease-fatal-innocence.html

https://www.amazon.com/author/tlpetersbooks