Welcome to my blog, T.L. Peters

Most of my novels are available as NOOK books through Barnes & Noble, as kindle books through Amazon, and on virtually every digital format, platform and device, including the iPad. To read more about a particular novel or to purchase a copy, click on one of the links in the right hand column under the book's title. See the bottom of this page for complete reviews and sample chapters. Feel free to contact me at: thome at verizon.net



Friday, February 15, 2013

DECEPTION, A JAKE STONE THRILLER


Read the book that started it all.  The first volume of the modern cult classic about Jake Stone and his ferocious friend, Snowflake -- DECEPTION, A Jake Stone Thriller (Book One) -- is available at e book sellers world-wide, including through the following online links :







“Because of Amazon and Kindle I'm reading authors I would not have been exposed to normally. I've read the complete Jake Stone series and have truly enjoyed them. The character development of both Jake and Snowflake and their daughter Fierce was excellent. I just had to keep reading and buying the next installment and did not want the series to end.” Old White Lady

“A New Cult Classic.”

“A gripping story”

“I originally bought a Jake Stone novel because it was 99 cents. Then I got hooked and bought all the rest of the novels! I love Snowflake - she gives feminism a new face! Jake is a lovable, henpecked guy. The women are all great. I can hardly wait for a new one to be published.”

“I have purchased the books in this series from 1-9 and have enjoyed reading them all. They keep you reading and wanting to know what happens next.”

“Snowflake has managed to keep Jake alive through 16 episodes without becoming irrelevant, and that is more than most serial heroines could do, especially when functioning as a wife and a parent of a nearly as awesome daughter. Good thing that Snowflake knows better than to allow Jake to roam the beaches at Cancun alone, or the 16th would have ended before it began. I am about half way through what will be a one night read. These books are great as a wind down after a long day. I rate this a five because it is a great value, it doesn't upset me, and I always end up with a wry smile. Keep them coming, TLP!” Linda A. Root, a “prosecutor” and author of the acclaimed Queen of Scots Suite.
 
“This was my first introduction to Jake Stone on this rollercoaster adventure. This episode has more twists than a box of pretzels. There are so many things happening in this book that it is somewhat difficult to track them all. I found it exciting and looked forward to continuing with the exploits of Jake. I found that the Amazonian characters were refreshing, and they train like Navy Seals [ reminded me of the Demi Moore character in G.I. Jane]. If you want real life examples of strong females, you only have to look at the Olympics [ boxing, wrestling, Judo, rowing, track, swimming, and more]. This book is a great place to start learning about the characters that will intrigue you as you continue with the series. Jake Stone starts out as an attorney (like the author), and seems to become more of a detective. Snowflake, the main female character, is one tough Amazon that might remind you of Wonder Woman. I hope you enjoy this first of many exploits of Jake Stone and Snowflake. I'm off to read my next episode. Thank you T. L. Peters; Keep up the good work.” Ram75


While representing a wealthy tycoon and his ambitious and devious grandson, hard-boiled lawyer Jake Stone is saved from a vicious beating in a shady alley by a lovely young woman with a knack for the martial arts.  Snowflake, she calls herself and quickly latches onto Jake for a wild ride through the underbelly of corporate America and beyond.  But is she who she says she is, just a humble paralegal looking for a job, or is she a corporate spy, a gun runner, an assassin, or simply a girl looking for a decent man, or perhaps all of the above?

The big question is whether Jake will live long enough to find out.

“Deception is a rollicking, action-packed thriller with plenty of bullets, bodies, karate chops, belly laughs and shady characters to enchant even the most demanding reader.  I especially enjoyed Snowflake.  Now there’s a girl who really knows how to kick butt in style!  I look forward to reading the next volume in this wild and engrossing series.”  Theodora K.